1/3 Photos of Aloo Mutter - Indian Potatoes With Peas
This is a great Indian recipe I got from the Betty Crocker Indian cookbook. Great tasty recipe and easy to make for a nice side or main dish. I also add chickpeas and cauliflower for more vegetables. The calories from the book per serving are: 85 cal 2g fat 420mg sodium 17g carbs 3g protein
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- olive oil flavored cooking spray
- 1 teaspoon cumin seed
- 1/2 cup onion, chopped
- 2 medium tomatoes, cut into 1 inch pieces
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground red pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon turmeric
- 3 medium red potatoes, peeled, and cut into 2 inch squares
- 1 cup frozen peas
- 1 cup water
- 2 tablespoons fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon garam masala
- 1Spray saucepan over medium-high heat.
- 2Add onion and stir fry for 1-2 minutes till golden brown.
- 3Stir in tomatoes, salt, ground pepper and turmeric, stir fry for 1-2 minutes till tomatoes are tender.
- 4Stir in remaining ingredients, except the Garam Masaala, boil, then reduce to medium-low. Cover and simmer 5 minutes. Uncover and cook for 5 minutes until sauce is thick.
- 5Add Garam Masaala.
Browse Our Top Potato Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Potato Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Aloo Mutter - Indian Potatoes With Peas
Serving Size: 1 (225 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 106.9
- Calories from Fat 4
- Total Fat 0.4 g
- Saturated Fat 0.0 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 241.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 23.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.6 g
- Sugars 4.1 g
- Protein 3.7 g