Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
Make and share this Almost Instant Black Bean Chili recipe from Food.com.
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 medium garlic cloves, minced
- 1 small bell pepper, diced fine
- 1⁄2 cup crushed tomatoes (or tomato sauce)
- 2 (15 ounce) cans black beans, including liquid
- 1 (4 ounce) candiced chilies
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- In a large skillet or pot, heat the water. Add onion, garlic, and pepper. Cook over high heat—stirring often—for about 5 minutes or until onion is translucent. Add remaining ingredients and simmer—stirring occasionally—for about 15 minutes or until flavors are blended.
Delicious and quick and easy to make. I made this just as written. It's got a mild but pleasant flavor. You could always add cayenne pepper if you prefer lots of heat. I garnished the soup with chopped fresh cilantro. Thanx for sharing!
I was looking for something super-fast and easy as I don't feel like cooking tonight. I also needed something healthy. This recipe fits the bill. I made it even easier by using a can of diced tomatoes with chilis and using a half a bag of frozen "seasoning mix" (diced onions, peppers and celery) Sure it would possibly have been better if I had sauted the veggies and added more complex seasonings, but this is "Almost Instant" and for that category, it is pretty darn good. I'll serve it with garlic bread and a salad today and drained in burritos tomorrow (I'll use the soupy drained part for my own lunch tomorrow... no need to waste)
Used this recipe because my wife is pregnant and needs to watch her sodium intake. It was low in sodium and fat which is a plus. It tasted good despite the fact that we love our chili with meat.