1/1 Photo of Almond Sunshine Citrus
From TOH Everyday Light Meals cookbook and they suggest serving it with pork for dinner, but I think it would be equally as good for breakfast or brunch. Make sure you allow time for this to be refrigerated overnight.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Grate enough peel from the oranges, grapefruit, lemon and lime to measure 1 tablespoon of mixed citrus peel; set peel aside.
- 2To section citrus fruit, cut a thin slice off the bottom and top of the oranges, grapefruit, lemon and lime.
- 3Place each fruit cut side down on a cutting board.
- 4With a sharp knife, remove peel and white pith. Holding fruit over abowl, slice between the membrane fo each section and the fruit unti lthe knife reaches the center; remove sections and place in a glass bowl. Set 1/2 cup juice aside.
- 5In a small saucepan, combine the sugar and reserved peel and juice. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered for 10 minutes. Cool; stir in extract. Pour over fruit.
- 6Refrigerate overnight.
- 7Just before serving, sprinkle with almonds.
Browse Our Top Breakfast Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Breakfast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Almond Sunshine Citrus
Serving Size: 1 (269 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 171.9
- Calories from Fat 3
- Total Fat 0.4 g
- Saturated Fat 0.0 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 2.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 46.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.6 g
- Sugars 34.4 g
- Protein 2.2 g