A luscious tropical drink perfect for lifting you out of the summer doldrums. May be made up to a week ahead and stored in the refrigerator.
- Choose very ripe fruit; peel, seed, and coarsely chop.
- Smoothly puree measured fruit pulp and juice (a portion at a time, if needed) in blender with sugar and lime juice.
- Add flavored fruit mixture to water, then rub through a fine strainer into a large jar or pitcher and discard pulp.
- Pour the agua fresca over ice cubes into tall glasses.
- Slices or chunks of matching fruit may be added as garnish just before serving.