1/2 Photos of Acadia's Marinara Sauce
1 hr 10 mins
This is my version of marinara sauce for pasta! Yummy! I omit the salt as I use canned crushed tomatoes which I find for us to have enough salt. However, if you use fresh tomatoes I would add the salt for your taste. Enjoy!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 cup onion (sliced or diced)
- 2 tablespoons garlic (minced)
- 1/2 yellow bell pepper (minced)
- 1 tablespoon basil
- 1 tablespoon oregano
- 1 tablespoon parsley
- 1 tablespoon italian seasoning mix
- 1/3 cup sherry wine (sweet)
- 56 ounces crushed tomatoes
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt (optional)
- 1 bay leaf
- 1In a 3 quart Dutch oven add the olive oil and onions. Saute on medium low until tender about 4 minutes stirring frequently.
- 2Add garlic and saute for an additional 1 minute stirring frequently (Do not let garlic burn).
- 3Slice up bell peppers, add to mixture and saute an additional 4 minutes stirring frequently.
- 4Add sherry.
- 5Add basil, oregano, parsley, Italian seasoning and mix with other ingredients.
- 6Remove mixture and place in food processor or blender and blend until smooth.
- 7Place pureed mixture back into dutch oven.
- 8Add crushed tomatoes and bay leaf. Add salt (optional).
- 9Bring to a low boil stirring frequently, then reduce to simmer.
- 10Cover and cook for 45 min on low/simmer, stirring every 5 minutes (I set my timer).
- 11Remove bay leaf before serving.
Browse Our Top Vegetable Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Vegetable Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Acadia's Marinara Sauce
Serving Size: 1 (219 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 145.1
- Calories from Fat 35
- Total Fat 3.9 g
- Saturated Fat 0.5 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 265.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 18.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.1 g
- Sugars 0.8 g
- Protein 3.6 g