1/2 Photos of Absolutely Fail-Proof Easy Marmalade
This recipe was printed in the Jerusalem Post last week, and it's from Lynette Levius of Netanya, Israel. I haven't tried it yet, but plan to make a batch this weekend. February 2010: Since posting this recipe I've made it several times each winter (winter is citrus seaon here). It's a wonderful recipe, totally fail-proof as the title says. It's great on toast and makes a wonderful gift. I especially love a 50/50 orange/clementine mix, a rich citrus flavor with an intense orange color.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Take the 6 citrus fruits and wash well, removing any blemishes.
- 2Cut into quarters, and place in a food processor.
- 3Chop until finely ground, skin and all.
- 4For an optional extra add some crystallized ginger.
- 5Boil with the 1 kilo of sugar, stirring occasionally with a wooden spoon, for 20 minutes.
- 6It splatters, so be careful.
- 7This quantity fills about 5 x 340 gram jars.
- 8Do not double the ingredients, rather make two batches.
- 9It never goes dark and lasts for up to 6 months in the refrigerator without the need to sterilize the bottles.
Browse Our Top Jams and Preserves Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Jams and Preserves Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Absolutely Fail-Proof Easy Marmalade
Serving Size: 1 (1786 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 847.8
- Calories from Fat 1
- Total Fat 0.1 g
- Saturated Fat 0.0 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 2.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 218.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.7 g
- Sugars 214.3 g
- Protein 1.4 g