This recipe was printed in the Jerusalem Post last week, and it's from Lynette Levius of Netanya, Israel. I haven't tried it yet, but plan to make a batch this weekend. February 2010: Since posting this recipe I've made it several times each winter (winter is citrus seaon here). It's a wonderful recipe, totally fail-proof as the title says. It's great on toast and makes a wonderful gift. I especially love a 50/50 orange/clementine mix, a rich citrus flavor with an intense orange color.
- Take the 6 citrus fruits and wash well, removing any blemishes.
- Cut into quarters, and place in a food processor.
- Chop until finely ground, skin and all.
- For an optional extra add some crystallized ginger.
- Boil with the 1 kilo of sugar, stirring occasionally with a wooden spoon, for 20 minutes.
- It splatters, so be careful.
- This quantity fills about 5 x 340 gram jars.
- Do not double the ingredients, rather make two batches.
- It never goes dark and lasts for up to 6 months in the refrigerator without the need to sterilize the bottles.