1/2 Photos of Absolutely Fail-Proof Easy Marmalade
This recipe was printed in the Jerusalem Post last week, and it's from Lynette Levius of Netanya, Israel. I haven't tried it yet, but plan to make a batch this weekend. February 2010: Since posting this recipe I've made it several times each winter (winter is citrus seaon here). It's a wonderful recipe, totally fail-proof as the title says. It's great on toast and makes a wonderful gift. I especially love a 50/50 orange/clementine mix, a rich citrus flavor with an intense orange color.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Take the 6 citrus fruits and wash well, removing any blemishes.
- 2Cut into quarters, and place in a food processor.
- 3Chop until finely ground, skin and all.
- 4For an optional extra add some crystallized ginger.
- 5Boil with the 1 kilo of sugar, stirring occasionally with a wooden spoon, for 20 minutes.
- 6It splatters, so be careful.
- 7This quantity fills about 5 x 340 gram jars.
- 8Do not double the ingredients, rather make two batches.
- 9It never goes dark and lasts for up to 6 months in the refrigerator without the need to sterilize the bottles.
Browse Our Top Jams and Preserves Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Absolutely Fail-Proof Easy Marmalade
Serving Size: 1 (1786 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 847.8
- Calories from Fat 1
- Total Fat 0.1 g
- Saturated Fat 0.0 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 2.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 218.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.7 g
- Sugars 214.3 g
- Protein 1.4 g