I am a a stickler for using fresh ingredients so when my boyfriend from 5 years ago made this up for the first time I cringed! Pardon me for saying so, but if I hadn't have been living with him I never would have eaten it! Hahahaha!!!! The boyfriend is long gone but this is the only salsa I'll eat! If you aren't used to cilantro it may take a few minutes to grow on you - it did me. Give it a chance though. It is seriously yummy!!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 32 ounces Hunts tomato sauce (I tried other brands and stick to Hunts.)
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic granules (But DO NOT try any other form of garlic; not powder, or the kind with salt mixed in called granula)
- 1/2-1 teaspoon chili flakes
- 1 small onion, diced or minced
- fresh cilantro, rinsed and chopped
- 1Mix all ingredients in a bowl.
- 2Refrigerate for at least an hour for best taste.
- 3Be warned, the longer it sits the hotter it gets.
- 4It's yummy!
Browse Our Top Salsas Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Salsas Recipes
Nutritional Facts for A Unique & Yummy Salsa!
Serving Size: 1 (978 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 27.0
- Calories from Fat 1
- Total Fat 0.2 g
- Saturated Fat 0.0 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 397.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 6.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.2 g
- Sugars 3.4 g
- Protein 1.0 g