1 hr 15 mins
carley king's Note:
Hey check it out--a stuffing that isn't all greasy and is good for you AND it tastes good! This dish is also vegetarian/vegan mmmmm-mm
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 bay leaves
- 473.18 ml quinoa
- 59.16 ml olive oil
- 1 butternut squash, peeled and diced
- 2 small zucchini, cut into 1 inch cubes
- 2 bunch green onions, chopped
- 453.59 g can of drained black beans
- 236.59 ml fresh parsley, chopped
- 236.59 ml fresh mint, chopped
- 236.59 ml dried apricot, diced
- 236.59 ml dried cranberries (and or or cherries)
- 1 lemon
- 1Boil 4 cups of water, season with bay leaves and salt.
- 2Add quinoa and return to a boil.
- 3Reduce heat, cover ad simmer for about 20 minutes, until water is absorbed.
- 4Remove from heat, take out bay leaves and let cool.
- 5Meanwhile, heat 3 tbsp of oil in a frying pan.
- 6Sauté squash and zucchini-season with salt, pepper, and lemon pepper (if you have it) until slightly browned.
- 7Combine veggies and quinoa.
- 8Drizzle on remaining oil.
- 9Stir in onions parsley, mint, apricots, and cranberries, then the black beans.
- 10Grate in lemon peel and squeeze on lemon juice to taste.
- 11Season with salt and pepper to taste.
Browse Our Top Grains Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Grains Recipes
Nutritional Facts for A Lighter Quinoa Stuffing
Serving Size: 1 (346 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 405.9
- Calories from Fat 89
- Total Fat 9.9 g
- Saturated Fat 1.3 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 32.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 73.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 13.4 g
- Sugars 13.5 g
- Protein 12.8 g