Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Hey check it out--a stuffing that isn't all greasy and is good for you AND it tastes good! This dish is also vegetarian/vegan mmmmm-mm
- 2 bay leaves
- 473.18 ml quinoa
- 59.16 ml olive oil
- 1 butternut squash, peeled and diced
- 2 small zucchini, cut into 1 inch cubes
- 2 bunch green onions, chopped
- 453.59 g canof drained black beans
- 236.59 ml fresh parsley, chopped
- 236.59 ml fresh mint, chopped
- 236.59 ml dried apricot, diced
- 236.59 ml dried cranberries (and or or cherries)
- 1 lemon
- Boil 4 cups of water, season with bay leaves and salt.
- Add quinoa and return to a boil.
- Reduce heat, cover ad simmer for about 20 minutes, until water is absorbed.
- Remove from heat, take out bay leaves and let cool.
- Meanwhile, heat 3 tbsp of oil in a frying pan.
- Sauté squash and zucchini-season with salt, pepper, and lemon pepper (if you have it) until slightly browned.
- Combine veggies and quinoa.
- Drizzle on remaining oil.
- Stir in onions parsley, mint, apricots, and cranberries, then the black beans.
- Grate in lemon peel and squeeze on lemon juice to taste.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.