Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Pressed for time? With a pressure cooker, you can have this soup in a half hour. Ingredient quantities vary in my house, but this recipe is flexible to use up leftover veggies in the fridge. Great to service with pasta as a vegetarian sauce, or with egg noodles as a soup. If you reduce the water during the cooking, you get a thicker, stew like recipe.
- Chop all ingredients, add to the pressure cooker. Add spices, water and oil. Make certain your water level comes up to at least 3/4 of the chopped veggies in the pressure cooker.
- Fasten pressure cooker lid on, place rocker on top (I use a Presto stainless steel pressure cooker with a weighted rocker, which will maintain 15 psi or pounds per square inch when it's rocking and steaming).
- Stove top gas or burner heat to high, until pressure cooker is at optimal pressure, or the rocker is jiggling and steaming.
- When pressure cooker is rocking, let it cook for 15 minutes. After 15 minutes, cut the heat and let the pressure cooker cool down to decompress on it's own.
- After it has decompressed (such as when your safety lock has dropped), open and enjoy.