Pressed for time? With a pressure cooker, you can have this soup in a half hour. Ingredient quantities vary in my house, but this recipe is flexible to use up leftover veggies in the fridge. Great to service with pasta as a vegetarian sauce, or with egg noodles as a soup. If you reduce the water during the cooking, you get a thicker, stew like recipe.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Chop all ingredients, add to the pressure cooker. Add spices, water and oil. Make certain your water level comes up to at least 3/4 of the chopped veggies in the pressure cooker.
- 2Fasten pressure cooker lid on, place rocker on top (I use a Presto stainless steel pressure cooker with a weighted rocker, which will maintain 15 psi or pounds per square inch when it's rocking and steaming).
- 3Stove top gas or burner heat to high, until pressure cooker is at optimal pressure, or the rocker is jiggling and steaming.
- 4When pressure cooker is rocking, let it cook for 15 minutes. After 15 minutes, cut the heat and let the pressure cooker cool down to decompress on it's own.
- 5After it has decompressed (such as when your safety lock has dropped), open and enjoy.
Browse Our Top Low Protein Recipes
Nutritional Facts for 30 Minute Vegetable Soup
Serving Size: 1 (261 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 149.6
- Calories from Fat 43
- Total Fat 4.8 g
- Saturated Fat 0.7 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 266.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 25.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.4 g
- Sugars 6.8 g
- Protein 3.5 g