An absolutely delicious done-in-a-snap snack, or breakfast treat (if you double/triple the recipe) that's as much fun to make as it is to eat! You end up with a slice with pretty, circular patterns, that's soft and sweet on the top, and crisp at the bottom!
- Heat a nonstick griddle over a low to medium flame, and place the bread slice on it.
- Let it just lie there for about a minute (you can slice the banana now!).
- Now carefully cover the bread with the sliced banana discs, overlapping if necessary, and sprinkle the cinnamon over this.
- Using a flat spoon or ladle, gently press the bread slice with with back-to-front movements (you will see part of the banana slices sinking into the bread and the cinnamon merging with the bananas).
- When the bottom of the bread slice is well browned, remove from the griddle and eat immediately!
Oh yum! This was great. My only problem was that I used Potato bread and ended up burning the bottom a little (but it was still delicious!), so my suggestion for white bread users is: follow the instructions above, and when the bottom is brown take the sandwich off and if the bananas are still intact, microwave for a couple of secs. :) Delicious! 2 thumbs up
Easy, tasty, and quick.
What a treat!. This is easy, quick, healthy, inexpensive and delicious so five stars from me. I used homemade wholegrain bread which is a bit more robust - the bananas didn't smush in very much. I flipped my slices instead for about 20 seconds to soften the bananas -- delicious!
Thank you for posting.